Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Under the Influence or Hearing Voices*


*Couldn’t decide what to title this post, so I went for two titles. Delete as appropriate.

The other day, after Milan-San Remo, I was thinking how much watching bike racing inspires me. I’m not the only person that shares this belief., not by a zillion kilometers, but being inspired by something is a pretty powerful thing, isn’t it? Milan-San Remo was the epitome of the adage ‘chess on wheels’. I’m not saying Gerrans didn’t deserve the win, far from it, his reading of the race was incredible, but I felt no emotion when he raised his hands. Not happy, not sad.

Anyway, I’m getting off the point. You can find inspiration in everything if you know where to look. Sometimes you’re not even looking and then WALLOP, it’s there! Sunny days, whatever it is. Watching bike racing reminds me of watching skate videos of the pros and then attempting to emulate them, but on a scaled down level. They were throwing themselves down handrails. I was waxing a 4” curb. They’re attacking on the Muur…

Andy UPDATE - another nice Geoff Rowley vid.

1 comment:

  1. Think I might wear my 99 Geoff Rowley vans tomorrow in honour of this blog post.

    ReplyDelete